Sunday, December 15, 2013

Giving Back This Holiday Season and Beyond

Giving Back This Holiday Season and Beyond

This holiday season I'm excited about finding new ways to give back now, as well as every other day of the year. I've been thinking about the word generosity. We can be generous with our money, time, or by sharing a smile. A "please", "thank you", or simply holding a door open can make others' days a bit happier. 

We can also give back to our community by volunteering. Volunteering as a family can be a new way to spend time together. It's a great way to learn about social issues and help provide a new perspective on our world. In my last article, I mentioned emphasizing empathy as one of those strategies to ease sibling rivalry. Volunteering teaches social responsibility which can help develop a greater sense of empathy. 

Volunteer activities improves our community and your children can be part of the change. Now, that's just beautiful. I found this link helpful to locate volunteer opportunities in your area. https://volunteer.truist.com/

If you know of any great family volunteer opportunities in the Chicago area, please email me! I'd love to let others know!

Be Happy, Be Healthy!

Aysha Hagene, LCPC
www.simplycounseling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment